Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Painted shoes! - Tutorial




This is the project I did for Iron Craft challenge #2. I have seen pictures of painted shoes and checked out a few different tutorials (all with different techniques and results). So I did a combination of stuff and here is the process I used to make these shoes.

Materials & tools



  • Blank ugly shoes
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam brush
  • Spray paint
  • Acrylic paint in contrasting color
  • Duct tape or masking tape (I used both) 
  • Ruler

Instructions


  • Tape the wedges or any area that you do not want to be painted 
  •  Then stuff those shoes! That way they keep there shape while painting

  • Next break out the Mod Podge! Pain all over the shoes, then let them dry for a few hours. This step prevents the paint from bleeding through the shoes. 




  • Next Spray paint them kicks! I put them in an old cardboard box then sprayed (this kept the paint contained in one area) 





  • After I let them dry I thought these need a bit more pizazz, so I decided to add some tips. I measured about a few inches from the point and then covered it with some masking tape 
  • I used some acrylic paint for the tips and did a few coats. Peel the tape off when done painting because if you wait for the paint to dry completely some of it may come off with the tape!




  • I let them dry overnight and ta - da look at my fabulous new shoes! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...